What precautions have you put in place to protect your clients?
Below is a sampling of some of the extensive precautions that we have put in place to protect our clients and team during this unprecedented time:
- Class sizes will be reduced to meet social distancing requirements
- When possible, fitness and child enrichment rooms have been restructured to incorporate square footage per participant, including the relocation of our music room.
- Social distancing markers will be set up in classrooms and queuing areas to establish appropriate boundaries.
- Signage will be posted throughout the studio to remind people to social distance and not linger/gather in common areas
- Face coverings or masks are required for all adults who enter A Mom’s Village and are to be worn at all times. Exceptions, if any, will be posted.
- Masks are encouraged (but not required) for children 5 and under. Children over 6 will be required to wear a mask.
- A sneeze guard has been placed on the front desk/reception area where signing in/purchases/customer service issues are addressed. Please try to minimize interaction here and email/call with questions or concerns.
- Until further notice, The Village Center, showers/vanity area in the locker room and The Mommy Lounge will be closed.
- Hand washing/hand sanitizing capabilities are provided throughout the studio.
- Hand washing/hand sanitizing are required upon entry of the studio and throughout the visit by staff and guests.
- Signage is posted throughout the studio to remind visitors of hygiene policies.
- “High Touch” areas, such as iPad sign in, and “Lost and Found” have been eliminated until further notice.
- Clients are encouraged to bring minimal personal items into the studio.
- A Mom’s Village will regularly sanitize high touch areas that can not be eliminated such as door knobs and surfaces.
Staffing and Operations
- Team members have been trained on social distancing, cleaning and disinfecting and hygiene protocols
- Team members displaying COVID-19 like symptoms have been told not to report to work or return to work until they have been cleared to do so.
Cleaning and Disinfecting
- A Mom’s Village has established and will maintain cleaning protocols that are specific to our business including.
- The studio has invested in safe and effective cleaning products that meet the CDC and EPA's criteria for use against SARS-CoV-2, the cause of COVID-19, among other pathogens.
- Regular professional cleanings will be conducted.
- Disinfection of all common surfaces will take place during hours of operation at A Mom’s Village
- If an active employee is diagnosed with COVID-19, extra cleaning and disinfecting will be performed.
- Please see staff to inquire about specific programs and/or cleaning/disinfecting products and protocols.
- Parents, children and staff must stay home when sick. In addition to our regular sick policies, new symptoms have been added (cough, shortness of breath, nausea, fatigue combined with another symptom, headache, new loss of taste/smell, muscle aches, or any other symptoms that feel like a cold).
- A temperature check and health screening will be conducted for every guest entering the studio.
- Please inquire regarding specific protocols and health screening for: Play School, Child Enrichment, Childcare and Fitness.
Symptoms or Exposure to COVID-19
- Staff or program participants with listed symptoms will be moved away from others ASAP. Children will be cared for in an isolation area until parent or guardian arrives.
- Staff, caregiver or child who goes home with a symptom may return when no symptoms are present after a 48-hour symptom-free without medication period and/or with a doctor’s note.
- If a staff member or program participant has been exposed to COVID-19, regardless of whether they exhibit symptoms, they will not be permitted to enter the Center.
- Exposed individuals must produce a negative COVID test or self-quarantine for at least 14 days after the last day of contact with the person who is sick.
What are the different Membership Options?
You can find information on our pricing and membership options here!
Can I take a class if I’m not a member?
We do offer single and 5 class-pack options!
Are there cancellation fees for Memberships?
We’ve all had that experience of having to jump through hoops to cancel a service or membership that we’re not using. We sincerely hope that the Village is the right fit for you, but if it is ends up being something that doesn’t work out for you we want to make cancellation as EASY as possible.
Canceling your membership is as simple as sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org at least 14 days prior to the next scheduled withdrawal.
Should you need to terminate contract within the first three (3) months, a $75 cancellation fee will be charged. There is no penalty for canceling after this initial commitment.
Does Membership include Child Enrichment Classes?
Membership does not include Child Enrichment Classes such as music, sensory, art, etc, but it DOES include a 20% discount on those classes!
Will there be open gym?
A Mom’s Village focuses on the camaraderie of group fitness classes, so we will not have a typical open gym that you would find in a standard big box gym. We will, however, allow members to use mommyTIME to access the fitness studios to use the equipment when those studios are not in use.
I haven’t worked out in a LONG time (or ever), and I’m nervous! Where should I start?
First of all, you are in the right place. This is the most incredible community of moms who encourage and support each other. It’s a “come as you are” community, and we have ALL been in the position of having to start (or start over) with our fitness after baby. Our instructors offer modifications for all levels, but there are some classes that we can direct you to that might be a good place to ease into things. Feel free to email us at email@example.com with any questions or for suggestions on where to start!
What safety measures have you put in place?
The safety of our members and their children is our #1 priority. We have gone to great lengths to ensure that your children are safe and happy while in our care.
When you first enter A Mom's Village you will notice that all childcare and fitness related activities are beyond the front desk. Clients will only be allowed beyond the desk if they are registered for a class, a member of A Mom's Village, or a pre-authorized guest. We also have security cameras in place.
Our childcare rooms are staffed by childcare professionals who are CORI/SORI checked and trained by experts in the field of childcare and development. Lead childcare staff are also CPR, First Aid Certified and AED certified, and we have an AED with pediatric pads on site.
A Mom's Village works closely with local fire and police to establish fire and evacuation procedures, and our infant room is equipped with an evacuation crib in case of emergency evacuation.
What sets your childcare apart from other gyms?
A Mom's Village childcare is not your "typical" gym childcare.
Our childcare staff is comprised of childcare and child development professionals who have extensive experience in the childcare field. Each member of our childcare team is background checked and trained by experts in the field.
Our childcare rooms are equipped with high quality, age appropriate toys and equipment to allow children the space to explore and play. In addition to 2 Cedarworks playsets, these rooms are separated into "areas of learning" including a book nook with comfy pillows and tons of board books, a grocery store for pretend play, a circle time rug for music, a STEM area equipped with blocks and Magnatiles, a sensory wall and more!
Children are encouraged to explore each area on their own but are also welcome to join the childcare staff during one of our unique curriculum breaks. The Childcare Curriculum was created by child development specialists and includes a variety of enriching activities like literacy, music, art, and even yoga!
We also have a dedicated Baby Childcare Room for our littlest Villagers to practice tummy time, take a nap, explore new toys, and get lots of snuggles.
Can I come if I don’t have children?
Absolutely! While A Mom’s Village offers amenities and services that cater to needs of moms, we welcome members who don’t have children! We have many women who don’t have children (or whose children are grown) who enjoy the camaraderie and support of this incredible community.
What if I have more than one child?
Our class packs and membership prices include childcare for your first child. We offer drop-in passes as well as monthly passes for siblings. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Can men come to A Mom’s Village?
Dads, grandfathers, and male caregivers are welcome to bring their children to Child Enrichment classes at The Village, and we have many who do!
Do you have franchise information?
While we have not solidified any expansion plans yet, we do have hopes to serve mamas in other communities in the near future. If you’d like to be informed of future expansion opportunities, please email email@example.com.